QUALITY EXTERIOR FEATURES
- All elevations are under strict architectural control to ensure harmonious streetscapes. All exterior colours and brick selections are preselected by vendor.
- Exteriors feature: clay brick, maintenance free siding, stone or brick sills, soldier coursing, brick arches, covered porches, decorative columns and other masonry detail as per applicable elevation.
- Poured concrete basement walls with outside heavy-duty damp-proofing, as well as membrane wrap with weeping tile to prevent leakage and humidity.
- Brush coat cement finish to basement wall above grade.
- Sill Plate gasket is used for extra draft prevention.
- Steel beam construction (where applicable).
- All exterior door frames and windows are fully sealed and caulked.
- Cladwood sectional roll-up garage doors with decorative glass insert.
- Colonial Steel clad insulated front entry door with decorative insert, Brass grip set, weather-stripping and dead bolt lock.
- 12 inch by 30 inch basement windows
- Pre-finished aluminum soffits, eaves trough, fascia, frieze boards and downspouts (all colour coordinated by Vendor).
- Exterior includes coach lamp(s).
- Two exterior water taps. (One at rear and one in garage).
- Aluminum/wood colonial porch railing if finished grade is more than two feet below the surface of the porch.
- Homes feature poured or pre-cast concrete steps at entry porch as per plans
- Self-sealing asphalt roof shingles with manufacture’s 25 year warranty.
- Paved driveway as per Subdivision Agreement.
- Lot sodded.
- The energy efficiency of quality coloured low e argon vinyl casement windows and or picture windows throughout.
- Silent floor joist (engineering product) I-joist system to reduce squeaky floors and eliminate warping of joists, creating a superior base for sub-floors.
- 2″x 6″ exterior wall construction on first and second floor.
- R-32 insulation in upper level ceiling.
- Exterior walls insulated with R-20 fiberglass.
- Poured concrete floor with gravel as per building code.
- Floor drains as per plan.
DISTINCTIVE INTERIOR FINISHES
- Homes feature natural finish oak handrails.
- 9 ft. ceilings on main floor.
- Homes feature two coats of decorator paint (including primer) on walls, on smooth ceilings and on wood trim. (One colour choice throughout)
- Ceiling in living, dining, family rooms, bedrooms and halls are textured with smooth border. (Ceiling in kitchen, laundry rooms and bathrooms are smooth).
- Elegant series 800 doors with polished brass hardware.
- Colonial baseboard and door and window casing trim throughout
- All archways are finished with colonial trim.
- Elegant upgraded colonial 4 1⁄4″ baseboards and 2 3⁄4 window casing.
- All double closets have sliding doors in white (as per plan), except where noted otherwise.
- Designer ceramic tiles in foyer, kitchen and all bathrooms as indicated per plan.
- In all other areas, quality 35-ounce carpet to be laid with 5/16″ foam underpadding.
- 5/8″ subfloor sheathing screwed and glued to silent floor joist (engineered product) I-joist system.
KITCHEN & LAUNDRY FEATURES
- Choice of custom quality cabinetry with matching kick plates (from Builder’s samples).
- Kitchen cabinetry features an open, under-counter area for dishwasher.
- Countertops are a post-formed laminate in decorator colours from vendor’s samples.
- Kitchens feature quality double stainless steel sink with single lever faucet.
- Stove area to have heavy-duty plug receptacle and wiring.
- Exhaust hood fan (black) will be installed over stove area and features outside venting.
- Quality single freestanding fiberglass laundry tub in laundry area.
- Outside venting for clothes dryer and stove will be provided.
- Choice of custom quality cabinetry with matching kickplates (from builder’s samples).
- Main floor powder room features elegant pedestal sink.
- Designer ceramic wall tiles installed in bathtub enclosures to ceiling height.
- Mirrors are provided in all bathrooms and powder rooms.
- Vanity countertops are a post-formed laminate.
- Bathrooms feature white ceramic fixtures from builder’s samples.
- All bathroom accessories in quality decorator ceramic.
- Bathrooms feature water saver toilets and shower heads with temperature control.
- Exhaust fans vented to exterior, provided in all bathrooms.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Quality single lever faucets featured in all bathrooms.
- Convenient shut-off valves are installed beneath all sinks.
ELECTRICAL & LIGHTING
- Quality light fixtures installed in all bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, hallways and dining rooms.
- Vendor provides 100 AMP electrical service panel with copper wiring throughout (in basement or garage).
- White decora switches and receptacles throughout.
- One exterior waterproof outlet, plus light switch and plug in garage.
- All bathrooms are equipped with a safety hydro receptacle.
- Hard wired Smoke detectors are installed on all floors and one carbon monoxide detector on top floor.
- Rough-in for Bell Telephone in kitchen and master bedroom only.
- Rough-in for cable TV in family room and master bedroom.
ENERGY EFFICIENT PLUMBING & HEATING
- The energy efficiency of forced air high-efficiency gas furnace with electronic ignition, power vented to exterior.
- Hot water tank is a rental gas unit, power vented to exterior. (Purchaser must execute Rental Agreement with the appropriate rental company).
- Ductwork sized to accommodate future air conditioning.
- Furnace & Hot water tank may be relocated at Vendor’s discretion as shown on plan.
- Insulation to exterior walls, roof and in basement will meet Ontario Building Code standard at the time permit is issued.
- Solmar is proud to offer expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings where finished areas are above.
- Subdivision services to include paved roads, curbs, sidewalks, where applicable, sewer and water connections, natural gas, telephone, electrical and cable.
SOLMAR HOMES GUARANTEE
Solmar Homes has been rated excellent by the Tarion Warranty Program for 15 years running and offers a comprehensive customer service program.
The vendor reserves the right of substitution of materials of equal or better quality. The vendor is not responsible for shade variations occurring from different dye lots on any construction or finishing materials. Any basement layout showing bathrooms, rooms, hallways, bar areas etc, as a dotted line, or as a rough-in are optional only and can be purchased as an extra. If oak stairs are used in the home, stringers are finished with oak veneers.
The purchaser acknowledges that the renderings, floor plans, brochures and all displays are artist’s conceptions only and that the windows, window decorations, inserts in front doors and garage doors, front steps, railings, walkways, shutters, furniture, household appliances, décor, landscaping, driveways, brickwork, grading and other features may not be as shown or may not be included in the purchase price except as is otherwise stated in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. The above features are at not cost to the purchasers and form part of the agreement of purchase of sale.